We live in an amazing time. Computers are becoming smarter and more powerful, and more tangible items are being turned into digital data. Science predicts that within the next hundred years artificial intelligence (AI) will be as smart as humans. Imagine the possibilities if this trend continues for thousands of years.
In the distant future, AI will be so common in technology that even a single pixel in an image file may be controlled by one. Pixel: ru≤ is a tale of a sentient pixel that is tasked with eliminating a virus and restoring corrupted image files. Being a pixel isnít easy; youíll face infected pixels, puzzles that require color and gravity manipulation, and precision platforming challenges. You can complete your mission as efficiently as possible, or you can let your curiosity lead you to bits of information that may reveal the bigger picture.
Pixel: ru≤ (are you squared) is a game that is a combination of a platformer, a shooter, and a puzzle game. The gameplay features color theory based puzzle and combat mechanics and gravity manipulation based puzzle and platforming mechanics. There are a lot of simple systems stacked on top of each other which makes it easy to learn, but difficult to master.
- Colorblind mode for those of us that see the world differently.
- Shooter mechanics that are based around color theory. Shoot infected pixel with their opposite colors to turn them white and make them a dead pixel.
- Platforming mechanics based around manipulating the gravity of yourself and other objects.
- Puzzle mechanics that involve gravity manipulation and color theory. Change the color and gravity of yourself and other objects to get through the levels.
- Full story told throughout a series of challenging puzzles.
- A drag and drop level editor with a logic engine that allows you to make simple or complex levels.
- Stereoscopic 3D mode for devices like the Oculus Rift.
- A central hub for the community to share levels with each other that can be accessed both inside and outside of the game.
- A secure online leaderboard for all levels within the game -- including those created by the community.
- A cooperative mode for playing with your friends offline and online.
- Team based online player-vs-player.
Additional Required Software
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
- OpenAL Installer for Windows
For more information, please contact:
Jesse "Wolfenhex" Schirmer (email@example.com)
Charlotte "Charlaxy" Ellett (firstname.lastname@example.org)